Friday 19 October 2018

Scotty Arrives in Liberia


One of the big advantages of home schooling is that you can add in impromptu field trips.  A week ago Josh and I were able to head to the airport and meet "Scotty" as it arrived from it's cross country trip from Uganda. Here is Josh's report and some photos he took on the day.

On Friday 5th October I was waiting at the airport for Scotty.   The plane 5x-SCO or "Scotty" as she is known to us, was coming from Uganda to now serve in Liberia. It was coming because OPE needed to return to Uganda for an engine change. So OPE is going to Uganda and Scotty is coming!
 I waited excitedly on the ramp for Scotty to land. The V2 flight tracker said that it was arriving any time. I stood on the Pickup Truck scanning the air and then out of nowhere I caught a glimpse of Scotty in the blue sky.


When she landed it looked like a very soft landing... I wished that I was in the plane.  Scotty landed quite far away because the runway is very long. It was very cool watching the plane taxiing and finally she got to the ramp.
 Greg the pilot, turned the engine off. My dad and Andrew Mumford  (pilot) and one of our friends from England went up to the plane and welcomed Greg.  We had fun searching the plane for Scottish flags that the Ugandan engineers had hidden all over it!

The next day, Greg would start again to make the long flight back to Uganda with 5X-OPE.  It would be great if I could go with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment